Location for the meeting
The meeting will take place at the School of Industrial Engineering (Escuela de Ingenierías Industriales) of the University of Valladolid, located at Paseo del Cauce 59.
Accommodation will be booked for you by the organizers at the Hotel Olid**** and it is included in the registration fee. Check in on Sunday before the starting of the program – check out on Saturday morning after the last day of the program.
Two airports serve to reach Valladolid.
Flying to Madrid-Barajas Airport
Madrid-Barajas Airport has four terminals which are connected by a free shuttle service which is active 24 hours a day and whose frequency may vary between 5 and 20 minutes. Once landed, you can reach Valladolid either by bus or by train. In any case it is firstly necessary to reach Terminal 4. Therefore, If you are in any terminal other than Terminal 4, take the free shuttle service and reach Terminal 4.
Getting to Valladolid by bus:
ALSA provides direct connections from Terminal 4 to the bus station in Valladolid. The trip lasts about 3 hours. We recommend to buy your tickets online. Once in Valladolid you can take a taxi to the hotel (approximately 10€).
Getting to Valladolid by train (ALVIA, AVANT or AVE):
Once in Terminal 4, follow the instructions below:
- Take the elevators or the stairways to go to floor -1 where the gates for “Metro” and “Cercanías” trains are located.
- Buy a 2,60€ ticket for the C1 train from Terminal 4 of the Airport to Madrid-Chamartin Train Station. Purchase can be made at the ticket machines next to the gate of the C1 train or at the “Renfe” office in front of the same gate.
- Enter the gate, take the C1 train (trains leave every half hour) and get off at Madrid-Chamartin Train Station (third stop).
- Once in Madrid-Chamartin, check the platform for the next fast train to Valladolid-Campo Grande (usually platforms 17 to 21). Trains leave almost every hour. We suggest to reach the train at least 10 minutes before the departure since controls are carried out before entering the train. Enjoy your one-hour trip across Castilla and Leon.
- Once in Valladolid-Campo Grande train station you can either take a taxi (approximately 10€) or take bus number 2, get off at Plaza Fuente Dorada (third stop) and walk to the hotel (13 minutes).
We strongly recommend to buy in advance your fast train ticket from Madrid-Chamartin train station to Valladolid-Campo Grande train station. Purchase can be made online. In case of delay of your flight, you can change your reservation online. If you change for another fast train of the same class leaving on the same day, no additional cost should be charged. If you change for an upper-class train, you will be asked to pay the difference between the two tickets.
Flying to Valladolid Airport
Valladolid Airport only has flights to and from Barcelona-El Prat Airport. The companies operating such connection are Vueling Airlines and Ryanair. Once landed in Valladolid you can choose one of the following alternatives in order to reach the hotel.